Danny is experienced trial and appellate counsel.
Danny regularly acts for public and private companies in a broad range of disputes including shareholder, estate, financial services, construction and public-private-partnership, automotive franchise, professional liability, commercial fraud, defamation, IT and government procurement.
Danny has appeared at all levels of court in Ontario and before arbitral tribunals as lead counsel. He has conducted numerous complex hearings to completion including trials and lengthy arbitrations. He has extensive experience with real-time litigation, including bringing and defending injunctions.
Strongly literate in technology, science, and finance, Danny is a quick study in almost any area of business in which his clients operate and provides them with smart, efficient, and cost-effective legal representation, with hands-on involvement and a personal touch.
Prior to joining TGF, Danny was a partner at a leading litigation boutique.
Danny has a depth of experience litigating disputes in many different areas. For example, he has successfully acted for:
- Construction joint ventures in numerous, complex construction and engineering disputes involving large, public-private-partnership infrastructure projects across Ontario;
- Estates and beneficiaries in complex, high value testamentary, capacity and undue influence disputes;
- Automotive dealers in disputes with manufacturers about termination, facilities imaging, market area, sales penetration and other disputes;
- Aerospace manufacturers in supply chain and product liability disputes;
- Software publishers in complex licensing disputes;
- Hedge funds who obtained recovery against a Tier 1 bank after a false margin call;
- An international telecommunications company that successfully established ownership of extensive telecommunications assets;
- A large home builder who obtained an order against a defaulting developer for specific performance for the delivery of almost $100 million of serviced lots;
- Law firms in professional liability and other confidential disputes;
- First Nations organizations in disputes with the Federal government;
- School bus operators in procurement disputes with the Ontario government;