Alexander practices in both of TGF’s practice groups: restructuring and commercial litigation. Alexander’s flexibility and breadth of knowledge of these areas of law assist TGF’s clients in finding creative resolutions to complex disputes, whether inside or outside of the courtroom.
- Represented several limited partners of the developer of the YSL Project, successfully opposing a Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act proposal and obtaining a finding that the general partner acted in breach of fiduciary duty.
- Secured a $20 million equitable mortgage for a private lender over a large development property.
- Obtained the dismissal of an action against an the Durham College of Applied Arts and Technology involving claims of negligence and negligent misrepresentation by former employees of the College’s student union.
- Represented several affiliated landlords in the King Street Company CCAA proceedings and the Guardian Financial CCAA proceedings.
- Succeeded on appeal to the Divisional Court from a decision involving the interpretation of a contractual renewal provision.
- Regularly represents financial institutions in applications for the appointment of a receiver.
Prior to joining TGF, Alexander was an associate at a mid-sized Toronto law firm where his practice focused primarily on commercial litigation and the enforcement of creditors’ rights.