Henry has been practising business law since 1975 with a focus on financial services, structured products, project finance and infrastructure. Henry consults on a wide range of complex business matters.
- Court-appointed counsel representing 630,000 policy holders in the demutualization of Economical Mutual Insurance Company. Mandate to represent policy holders in negotiation of the allocation of $2 billion in benefits among policy holders. Cutting-edge mandate in first-ever demutualization of a property and casualty company in Canada.
- Senior litigation counsel on behalf of the UK Pension Claimants in successfully proving and obtaining an Order allowing a CDN$600 million claim against the Canadian Nortel estate following its disallowance by the court-appointed Monitor.
- Senior litigation counsel representing the Trustees of the UK Pension Plan and the UK Pension Protection Fund (on behalf of 42,000 UK pensioners with a US$3 billion pension plan deficit) in successfully obtaining a ground-breaking pro rata allocation among the global Nortel Networks insolvency estates following an unprecedented joint trial of the Canadian and U.S. Courts, which involved $7.3 billion in proceeds.
- Court-appointed litigation counsel to the Litigation Trustee of Cash Store Financial Services Inc.
- Advocating for legislative reform including electronic chattel paper and perfection of security interest by control in cash collateral.