Andrew Hanrahan is an associate whose skills perfectly encompass both of TGF’s practice areas: restructuring/insolvency and commercial litigation. With eight years of prior experience practising as a U.S. attorney with the New York office of an international law firm, Andrew’s work to date has focused on complex commercial litigation, including bankruptcy/insolvency litigation, securities class actions, internal investigations, and mergers and acquisitions litigation. He brings this experience to TGF where he will continue to build and expand his practice, including on cross-border restructuring and litigation matters where TGF enjoys recognition as a leading firm in Canada.
Andrew was recognized by the New York State Bar Association as an Empire State Counsel honoree for his pro bono contributions in 2015 and 2017.
Andrew was called to the Bar of New York (2010) and the Bar of
- U.S. litigation counsel for the Trustee of the Nortel Networks UK Pension Scheme and the UK Pension Protection Fund in connection with a $3.2 billion claim filed in Nortel’s US Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented the independent directors of FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. in its Chapter 11 restructuring in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio and conducted an investigation of intercompany claims between FirstEnergy Solutions and its non-debtor affiliated companies, which led to a settlement of those claims that included over $1.5 billion in value.
- Counsel to the special committee of the board of directors of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. in the Chapter 11 restructuring of iHeartMedia, Inc. in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Represented selling stockholder representative in lawsuit in Delaware Court of Chancery against purchaser alleging breach of milestone provisions in the merger agreement.
- Represented CenturyLink, Inc. and its officers and directors in federal securities class action filed in Colorado district court in connection with merger between CenturyLink and Level 3 Communications, Inc.
- Represented multiple clients in response to requests from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, the United States Department of Justice, and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.