Rebecca is a noted lawyer in the restructuring and insolvency industry. She has extensive experience in receiverships, security enforcement, debt collection, creditors' rights, debtor protection and forbearance agreements. Rebecca has a balanced practice, representing both debtors and creditors, in regional, national and cross-border insolvencies. She works with clients across a range of industries including cannabis, telecommunications, consumer products, real estate, oil and gas, renewable energy and private equity.
Rebecca is passionate about legal writing, and founded TGF Topline, the firm’s external newsletter focused on the practice of restructuring and litigation in Canada. Throughout her time at TGF, Rebecca has had significant involvement in the firm’s articling program, and continues to be an active mentor to TGF’s newer lawyers.
Rebecca is the recipient of various industry awards, including the Benchmark Litigation Canada Future Star award (2023), TMA Toronto “Women of Excellence” award for Emerging Talent (2018) and the Lexpert Rising Star award (2017). She was recognized as an “Up and Coming Lawyer” in Chambers Canada 2019 and continues to be ranked in Chambers Canada (2023 and prior years) and Lexpert (2023 and prior years).
- Canadian counsel to B. Riley Farber Inc., the court-appointed monitor of Lighthouse Immersive Inc. and Lighthouse Immersive U.S.A., Inc. in their proceedings under the CCAA and Chapter 15 in Delaware.
- Canadian counsel to Diebold Nixdorf in obtaining recognition under Part IV of the CCAA, following its successful restructuring of more than US$2.7 billion in funded debt through the first-ever dual proceeding under the US Bankruptcy Code and Dutch restructuring law.
- Counsel to Ernst & Young Inc. as court-appointed monitor of Phoena Holdings Inc. and its affiliates pursuant to the CCAA.
- Counsel to PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. as court-appointed monitor of Greenspace Brands Inc. and its affiliates pursuant to the CCAA.
- Counsel to FTI Consulting Canada Inc. as court-appointed monitor of Fire & Flower Holdings Corp. and its affiliates pursuant to the CCAA.
- Counsel to PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. as receiver and manager of Bridging Financial Inc. in relation to the creditor run CCAA proceedings with respect to the MJardin Group, Inc. and its affiliates.
- Counsel to Ernst & Young Inc. as court-appointed monitor of The Flowr Company and its affiliates pursuant to the CCAA.
- Counsel to the DIP Lender of Tehama Inc. in its restructuring and asset sale under the CCAA.
- Counsel to debtors Sproutly, Inc. and Toronto Herbal Remedies in their restructuring and asset sale under the CCAA.
- Counsel to the Applicants in the CCAA proceedings of Boreal Capital Partners Ltd. and its affiliates, a multi-residential development conglomerate with more than $55 million in secured debt, which successfully restructured under the CCAA.
- Counsel to Ernst & Young Inc. as court-appointed monitor of the Fresh Foods Group pursuant to the CCAA. The US affiliates of the Canadian Debtors concurrently restructured under Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code.
- Counsel to FTI Consulting Canada Inc. in its capacity as court-appointed monitor in the CCAA proceedings of Just Energy Group Inc. et. al., which successfully restructured funded debt of approximately $1 billion. These proceedings were recognized under Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code in the Southern District of Texas.
- Counsel to AgMedica Bioscience Inc. in regards to its successful restructuring under the CCAA.
- Counsel to Green Relief Inc. in connection with its restructuring and sale under the CCAA.
- Counsel to JTI-Macdonald Corp., one of the largest tobacco companies in Canada, in its proceedings under the CCAA with a goal to achieve a global resolution of the myriad of litigation claims against it exceeding $500 billion. The two other largest tobacco companies have also filed for CCAA protection resulting in unprecedented industry-wide proceedings.
- Counsel to RCR International Inc. and W.J. Dennis & Company in connection with a sale of substantially all of the assets of the companies through a CCAA proceeding and US Chapter 15 proceeding.
- Counsel to PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. in its role as the court-appointed monitor of Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation and its subsidiaries, in which the debtors undertook a cross-border restructuring under the CCAA, Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code and a foreign recognition under Law 1116 of 2006 in Colombia.
- Counsel to GuestLogix Inc. and its subsidiaries with respect to their restructuring under the CCAA.
- Counsel to the Trustees of the UK Pension Plan and the UK Pension Protection Fund in pursuing a $3 billion claim in the global restructuring proceedings of Nortel Networks and its subsidiaries, and in the allocation of its global proceeds of sale.