Restructuring Associates (All Levels)
Do you want to take your career to the next level? We’re looking for highly motivated associates at all levels to join our insolvency and restructuring team. Whether you have experience or are interested in leveraging your litigation, corporate, lending or similar skills in a specialized field, TGF may be your best career move. If you enjoy a challenge and want to develop expertise in one of the most exciting areas of law in one of the busiest practices in the country, TGF may be the ideal fit for you.
Specific areas of practice will include representing creditors, debtor companies, court-appointed officers and all other types of stakeholders in various restructuring contexts, inside or outside of court proceedings, preparing court materials and attending on Commercial List matters independently and as part of a team, and all aspects of restructuring transactions.
If you are looking for a firm comprised of mentors who are at the top of their field and are committed to assisting you in taking your career to the highest level, we’d like to hear from you. Ideal candidates will have:
- an interest in insolvency, or transferable skills from another practice area
- an ability to use problem solving skills to find creative solutions to complex issues
- a commitment to promoting integrity, leadership and excellence
- an entrepreneurial spirit, be a team player and have an ability to excel in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- an ability and desire to work independently and as part of a team to achieve the goals of the client
Interested candidates should forward a resumé, transcript and references in strict confidence to the attention of Leanne M. Williams by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or facsimile: 416.304.1313, or by regular mail to:
Thornton Grout Finnigan LLP, Suite 3200, 100 Wellington St. West,
P.O. Box 329, Toronto-Dominion Centre, Toronto, Ontario M5K 1K7
We thank in advance all those interested in this position, however; only those granted an interview will be contacted.
Commercial Litigation Law Clerk
Thornton Grout Finnigan LLP “TGF” is a dynamic and progressive law firm practicing exclusively in restructuring and commercial litigation in Downtown Toronto. TGF currently has an opportunity for a Commercial Litigation Law Clerk with at least 5 years experience to join our litigation group.
The successful candidate will be tech savvy and use their excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to support the commercial litigation group in large document intensive projects and complex, often fast‐moving litigation. In this role, they will grow their understanding of eDiscovery methodologies and provide general support to all litigation mandates.
What you Bring
- Strong e‐Discovery skills with experience using Relativity or DISCO
- Experience in commercial litigation, with experience in Commercial List and construction matters
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and provincial Practice Directions
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, ACL, iManage, and Teraview
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to multi‐task and work well under pressure
- Strong problem‐solving skills along with the ability to work with little instruction or supervision
- Strong work ethic and the ability to contribute to a positive team environment
TGF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. We offer a competitive compensation package together with a unique opportunity to work for a dynamic firm in a collegial environment.
Please e‐mail your resume to email@example.com.
No agencies please. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thornton Grout Finnigan LLP “TGF” is a dynamic and progressive firm practicing exclusively in bankruptcy/insolvency and commercial litigation. We are looking for a mid-level Legal Assistant to work in our Litigation area.
The Legal Assistant role requires a polished, confident and reliable assistant with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be tech savvy, detailed oriented, organized, and able to work well under pressure.
In addition, the successful candidate must be team-oriented and have an uncompromising standard of excellence to provide the highest level of service to our clients.
- Drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms.
- Preparing court documents, booking court appointments, examinations and client meetings.
- Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up as required.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing files; maintaining precedent systems as may be required within the Firm protocol for knowledge management.
- Maintaining and organizing files in a timely manner both electronic and hard copy as required.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms and making travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma preferred.
- Solid work experience in a legal environment.
- Working knowledge of legal procedures, with a sound understanding of corporate transaction documents.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of accounting/docketing systems and data management systems (PCLaw and iManage).
- A professional client and telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills demonstrating attention to detail, proof-reading and accuracy
- A motivated team player able to work well with others of varying ages and backgrounds; willing to support and stand in for colleagues to cover absences.
- Strong problem solving skills along with the ability to work with little instruction or supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to contribute to a positive team environment.
TGF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. TGF offers a competitive compensation package together with a unique opportunity to work for a young dynamic firm in a collegial environment.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.