Scott is a seasoned litigator with experience in a wide variety of litigation matters, including complex corporate and commercial litigation, director and officer liability, competition litigation, class actions and bankruptcy and insolvency.
Scott has acted on matters in all levels of court in Ontario, the Supreme Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal and various administrative tribunals.
His practice includes providing top-tier client service to a variety of clients across several industries. Scott offers practical solutions to the issues his clients face, including the successful implementation of risk management and litigation strategies.
Scott is a member of numerous professional organizations and volunteers his time with Pro Bono Law Ontario.
- Tribute Homes: Successfully representing a home-builder in a breach of contract case.
- Midland Resources: Successfully representing a foreign corporation in high-stakes commercial litigation against several of its former business associates.
- Square-Boy Limited: Successfully representing a property owner in a dispute with the City of Toronto over property rights.
- Alyousef: Acting for a shareholder in a shareholders’ dispute and successfully seeking the appointment of an inspector.
- Rakuten Kobo: Acting for a large corporation in disputes with the Commissioner of Competition.
- Remarkable Energy Inc.: Successfully representing a corporation in a dispute over a solar power generation contract.
- Inchatsavane: Successful representing foreign corporation in litigation related to a lien on the private jet of the King of Swaziland (now eSwatini).
- Shoppers Drug Mart: Successfully seeking a piercing of the corporate veil against the director of a closely-held corporation.
- Chiang: Successfully defending client against allegations of fraudulent conveyances and contempt.