Erin maintains a general litigation practice with an emphasis on commercial litigation. She has been involved in large commercial litigation disputes, appeals, complex motions and applications. Her practice areas include contract disputes, injunctions, negligence, defamation, securities litigation and breach of fiduciary and statutory duties. Erin has appeared at all levels of Court in Ontario.
While attending Queen’s University, Faculty of Law, Erin received a number of academic and leadership awards, including Bronze Scholar, the McCarthy Tétrault Leadership Award, and the Dean’s Key.
Following her articles at a full-service Toronto firm, Erin served as a judicial law clerk to the judges of the Divisional Court in Toronto.
Erin is an active volunteer with Pro Bono Law Ontario, and worked with PBLO to establish an amicus program to assist self-represented litigants before the Divisional Court. Erin is also a roster lawyer with the Litigation Assistance Program at the Ontario Securities Commission.
- Represented a professional regulatory body in successfully seeking injunctions against unlicensed providers of professional services.
- Part of a team defending an enforcement action at the Ontario Securities Commission and a class action claim against the chief financial officer of the company, which took place in the course of the company’s restructuring.
- Junior counsel on a complex, multi-party $20 million fraud claim.
- Acted for a U.S. subsidiary claiming indemnification for pre-arrangement taxes arising out of a Plan of Arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act with a $400 million transaction value. Defended the responding Application seeking rectification of the tax indemnity agreement executed in connection with the Plan of Arrangement.
- Appointed amicus curiae in a proceeding at the Divisional Court.