Called to the Bar of Ontario, 2011
LL.B. (Senior Status), (Leicester), 2008
B.A. (Hons.), (Windsor), 2005
Kyle practices primarily in the area of bankruptcy and insolvency, including corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, receiverships and enforcement of creditors' rights and remedies. Prior to joining TGF Kyle completed his articles at a large multinational law firm, where he provided support to senior counsel representing large financial institutions on transactions that involved cross-border/multi-jurisdictional elements, with borrowers and stakeholders owning collateral in multiple jurisdictions.
- Acted on behalf of Farley WinDoor Ltd. in its CCAA proceedings
- Part of the team representing Great GulfCan Energy Inc. with respect to a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- Part of the team that acted on behalf of Grant Thornton Limited, the court-appointed receiver for Blockbuster Canada Co.
- Acted on behalf of court-appointed trustees with respect to transfers at undervalue, priority disputes, and proposals
- Regularly represents chartered banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions with respect to security enforcement, priority disputes and forbearance agreements
- Assisted senior counsel in finding a buyer for a private business and counseling the vendors in the structuring, drafting and negotiating of the agreements and the closing of the transaction.
- Participated in litigation team to several complex commercial disputes
While at the University of Leicester, UK, Faculty of Law, Kyle was a member of the law school's Negotiation Team. Kyle and his partner represented the school at the UK National Competition, having qualified from the Regionals, and performed extremely well, finishing 5th in the UK. Kyle was awarded the 2008 Annual Community Awareness Award (Windsor Residence for Young Men) for his efforts to help establish a residence for homeless young men in the Windsor/Essex community. He is also fluent in spoken French.
While attending the University of Windsor, Kyle played 4 years of Varsity Soccer in the OUA.
Kyle is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, Ontario Bar Association, The Advocates' Society, Toronto Lawyers Association, Turnaround Management Association and Ireland-Canada Chamber of Commerce. Kyle currently volunteers at the WoodGreen Debt Management Clinic.